Contact Us

Parents and Carers: In the first instance, we would always ask parent/carers to make contact with their child’s Personal Tutor. If you wish to make an appointment with a teacher please contact reception who will happily pass on your request. Contact details for the Achievment Team can be found on the ‘Who To Contact?’ page.


We welcome feedback about our school to help us improve and maintain our high standards. If you would like to make a comment please contact us by phone or e-mail using the details above.

If, as a parent or carer of a child at this school, you would like to request a paper copy of any information that is contained on the school’s website please contact school directly, specifying the documentation that you require and we will gladly provide this for you.


How to Find Us

  • Kirkley Drive, Heanor, Derbyshire, DE75 7RA.
  • Tel: 01773 716396
  • @HeanorGateSA


Heanor Gate Spencer Academy is located just off the A608 road between Smalley and Heanor, opposite the entrance to Heanor Gate Industrial Estate. The school’s post code is DE75 7RA. The school is easily reached by car from Derby, Ilkeston and Ripley.

A school bus, arranged by Littles Travel, is available to transport pupils from Morley, Smalley, West Hallam, Stanley Common & Horsley Woodhouse. The timetable for this bus can be found here: Littles 466 route information (correct as of September 2022). This is a hop on/off service and there is no need to pre-register for a place.

Trent Barton’s public H1 service runs between Derby and Alfreton and the Amberline service runs between Derby and Hucknall, both passing the end of the school drive.


Making a complaint

Under the Trust complaints policy, complaints should be received ‘as close as possible to the point of origin.’ This means that a complaint should be received by someone who understands your concern and is in a position to help resolve it.

In the first case, this might be an informal conversation with your child’s class teacher or another member of the school staff.

Formal complaints should be submitted to the Principal, and should be in writing where possible. The contact form below can be used for this.

For the Trust complaints policy, please see here.

Send Us a Message

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)


    Your Message