On Thursday 18 November we held our first immersion day of the academic year!
Instead of following their usual timetable, each year group immersed themselves into various activities, varying in length from a full day to 1 hour-long workshops, linked to the curriculum which we have summarised below.
- The English department introduced Northern Lights to Year 7 by hosting a cinema experience in the hall followed by art activities and a poem writing session.
- Year 8 travelled to Silverstone race track for a day with the Maths department.
- Year 9 had a pop art themed day with the DTVA department which included making clocks, painting, decorating cakes and practising Photoshop skills.
- Year 10 spent half of their day taking part in Young Enterprise activities and the other half with the Social Science department in RSE workshops.
- Year 11 focussed on careers, and thanks to our Year 13s were able to practise their interview skills. They, along with our Sixth Form students, also received invites to the many externally-led careers sessions that we taking place at school throughout the day.
We are always looking to build links with employers in the local area who could provide workshops to our students on our immersion days. If you think you can help, please get in touch.