- Black blazer with HGSA badge*
- Black V-neck jumper with HGSA logo* (optional)
- School tie (in House colour)*
- White blouse/shirt with top button
- Plain tailored black knee length skirt (pencil skirt or box-pleated). Stretchy, t-shirt style material skirts are not acceptable.
- Plain black trousers (smart tailored, no jeans, leggings or skinny-fit trousers)
- Black or white ankle socks or black tights (no knee high socks)
- Black shoes (no sling back, open toed shoes, boots, trainers or pumps)
- Sensible outdoor coat
*Blazers, jumpers and ties can be bought in store or online from Morleys in Chaddesden.
- White polo shirt with HGSA logo**
- Navy sports shorts
- Trainers suitable for indoor and outdoor use
Optional PE Items
- Navy sweatshirt with logo**
- Navy sports leggings**
- Navy sports socks
- White indoor sports socks
- Football boots
- Shin guards
- Gum shield
**These items are only available to purchase online from Karlsports
Football and rugby are taught to both boys and girls and all students must have the correct safety equipment.
Jewellery should be kept to a minimum. No more than:
- One pair of stud earrings in the lobe of the ear
- One watch
No visible necklaces, bracelets, rings or other piercings (including tongue piercings or those in the in the Helix or Tragus) will be allowed.
All jewellery must be removed for PE lessons.
Haircuts should be smart in appearance and appropriate for the school setting and in line with our dress code. There should be no extreme cuts or colours.
Discreet make-up is acceptable. Heavy or visible eye or lip-colouring is not permitted. Students are not permitted to wear nail varnish or polish (from September 2019).