For experienced education professionals
Click here to view all posts across the trust.
Staff Wellbeing Offer
As a Spencer Academies Trust school, Heanor Gate adopts national guidance on standards for teaching and support staff.
The Spencer Academies Trust aims to be an employer of choice within the East Midlands. We recognise that meeting our recruitment and retention targets depends on creating a leading support offer, which promotes staff wellbeing and allows colleagues to access opportunities including staff discount programmes.
The staff wellbeing package is open to all colleagues and includes:
- Sector competitive pay
- Defined benefit pensions
- Performance related pay and recognition of additional responsibilities
- Annual cost of living adjustment
- Death in service payment
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Support with parking levy and ancillary costs where appropriate
Additional benefits negotiated for staff include:
- Access to private healthcare provision, comprising discounted access to cash plan private healthcare and a 25% reduction in cost for Westfield Health
- Access to the ‘Perkbox’ employee engagement platform, offering staff discounts from hundreds of external partners, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, and 24/7 counselling and support
- Free of charge access to a Financial Advisor comprising mortgage, savings, pensions and other financial advisory services, and including out of hours access
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme, including national insurance savings to employees of up to 12%
- Car affinity scheme
- Employee car ownership scheme
- Mobile phone tariff, allowing employees to access the corporate mobile phone tariff and managed on a payroll deduction basis
- Access to flu jabs and seasonal health support
Flexible working patterns and adjustment to core working practices may be offered to eligible colleagues by agreement. For further information on the staff wellbeing and support offer, please see the staff handbook.
…is a series of events to promote routes into teaching and is the proud partner of the George Spencer Academy SCITT, which provides high quality school based teacher training across our network of schools. If you are considering a career change, or have friends and family looking for new and exciting opportunities, you can find full details of primary and secondary teacher training at www.georgespencerscitt.co.uk.
Our next event is on Tuesday 20 April – join for an immersion in lesson observations, testimonials from trainees as well as information about pathways into teaching.
For a year of training and a lifetime of opportunity, consider a career in teaching
Members of the Local Governing Body
Outstanding governance is central to the success of Spencer academies, helping to set the direction of our schools and providing the supportive challenge needed to provide an outstanding quality of education.
The local governing body (LGB) at Heanor Gate Spencer Academy is made up of representative members of the school community including parent and community governors. Chosen for a mixture of skills and competencies, LGB members play an important role which includes supporting the Board of Directors with their broader responsibility for governance across the Spencer Academies Trust.
Together, we deliver on the Spencer Academies Trust mission: to provide an outstanding quality of education and improve the life chances of children across the East Midlands.